Terms & Conditions
1. Bookings may not be made by or in the name of any persons under the age of eighteen years of age.
2. Hoban & Sons will apply on your request to obtain a drinks license from the authorities concerned. Trading is dependant on the granting of a Temporary Event Notice to sell alcohol by the local council (unless the venue is already licensed).
3. The hirer shall be responsible to maintain that no intoxicating liquor purchased from the bar is to be taken off the premises, as it is purchased to be consumed on the licensed premises or as per license granted.
4. We work under the terms of The Licensing Act and as such reserve the right to refuse service to. Anyone who appears to be under 18 and cannot prove otherwise. Anyone purchasing drinks for someone under the age of 18. Anyone who is excessively drunk. Anyone who is abusive or threatening to staff or other customers.
5. If your event includes guests around the age of 18, please ask them to bring along a recognized form of ID. We operate the Challenge 25 policy. This means that our staff are entitled to ask people for ID if they look 25 years of age or younger.
6. No intoxicating liquor or soft beverages are to be allowed on the premises that have been purchased outside the venue which the license applies to, without prior written consent in writing from the hirer and Hoban & Sons management. If the hirer is seen not to be complying with these regulations the hirer stands to lose their deposit.
7. If the management allows the hirer to bring their own drinks onto the premises a surcharge per bottle can/may apply.
8. We will require access 3hrs prior to the event and 2hrs after the event.
9. We require access to a water source at the venue.
10. Glassware – Plastic glassware shall be used at all events unless previously discussed.
11. The product prices may vary at the management’s discretion without any prior notice.
12. Minimum Spend – The deposit shall only be refunded if the target has been reached. Booking deposits will be refunded by cheque or bank transfer no more than 7 days following the event.
13. In the case of a pre-paid package, the prices per head shall be agreed in line with the range of drinks being served. The quantity of drinks being brought for the event by Hoban & Sons shall be determined by the number of people completed on the booking form. Where the number of people is in excess of the number completed on the form, the hirer shall pay the excess number multiplied by the price per head agreed plus an additional £200-00 fee for making arrangements for the extra stock.
14. Notice of Cancellation by the hirer less than 30 days of the date shall incur the forfeiture of the total deposit paid.
15. The hirer shall be responsible for the effective supervision of arrangements and activities on the premises during the period of the hire and for the prevention of disorderly behavior so as to ensure that no nuisance or annoyance arises to the local residents.
16. The management reserves the right at their absolute discretion to refuse a booking if they consider it to be against the interest of local residents or the public at large.
7. The management reserves the right to display their logo and advertising material on the bar or backing as they feel fit.
18. The management has the necessary public liability insurance
19. Access – The client needs to ensure that adequate space is available for Hoban & Sons to park at an appropriate location at the venue.
20. Breakages will be deducted from the deposit.
21. Outside of the immediate bar area, the management is not responsible for clearing, tidying or cleaning any part of the venue.
22. We’re based in Macclesfield in Cheshire, and mainly cover Cheshire, South and Central Manchester, North Staffordshire and parts of Derbyshire. We are happy to travel further afield (perhaps not Devon or the Outer Hebrides), but we charge 45p per mile if you’re further than 25 miles from Macclesfield.